17.10.08

Buzz around Giorgio Morandi



I said earlier in my older post that Giorgio Morandi might not be very well-known.
I think I was wrong, or he and his paintings are getting more and more popular.
A new book on him ranked fifth on Amazon's recent best selling artist book list.
His retrospective exhibition is currently held at Metropolitan Museum.
And it's been reported on style magazines.
Following my own painting of toilet rolls appearing beside his on Google image search, a blogger Marisa Polin has put it on her blog along side... well, you know who.
Very flattered.
I'm going to do another experiment: put another still life up here and see what will happen.
It's "Three Jugs" I painted months after the toilet rolls, in a much realistic way as I was fascinated by the reflections.
It's now in the Museum of Modern Art, Frankfurt...
No, just joking. It's few miles away, on the wall of my uncle's house.
As a gift to him many years ago.
This is not a good photo of it. A lot of subtle colours has lost.
I wish I can see it real again, some time, in the future.

No comments: