16.10.08

Silly Hoarding



Talking about hoarding, just round the corner another shop is under construction.
A watch shop, and they too try to do something with their hoarding.
You can see they are trying very hard to be smart.
But fell flat. Very flat.
This kind of pretentious crap really annoys me.
Who is responsible for this, the client or the creatives? I'm not sure.
The message I've got here is that either they thought the passersby are really stupid or they are.
"We don't know exactly when we will open. But it will be on time."
In advertising, making a paradoxical statement can win you some attentions, but it has to be conveying a sensible truth.
Nonsense remains nonsense, whatever rhetoric you throw in.
"Before opening we have to work 24 hrs a day. Like IWC watches."
Oh really? I don't see you working this morning when I'm on my way to work, not to mention at night.
Just what sort of thinking is this?
Silly. Liar.

No comments: