10.9.08

Perfection. Perfection. Perfection.


Found at home this forsaken knitting manual. It's a very very old book, probably published in the '70s.

The cover picture made me stop and look. Besides its odd and funny styling, something was not quite right here. The guy on the left half-opening his eyes. The guy on the right looks bored by the photo shoot.

Happening today? Head transplant operation straight away, digitally.

An art director myself, I know nothing gets published until every detail was retouched to an immaculate state of perfection.

By the vehicles of the media, the most influential force on human's perception and psychology of beauty may well be... Photoshop.

This award-winning Dove TVC makes my point.



It's been 2 years old, you should have seen it. If not, share it with your girlfriend.

It might challenge her obsession on her own looks.

I suspect more likely, she'll ask you to start learning Photoshop.

No comments: