30.8.08

On my way to Lithuania

Because of the Olympics, my colleague Mike asked me what's the English name of Lithuania (He learned it's Chinese name – 立陶宛). I forgot the exact spelling, just remembered it's somewhere between the Eastern Europe and Russia as she's part of the former Soviet Union. I looked it up on the Google map.


It's a clear day. The sun was setting. As I flew across a vast field on the south of Ukraine, a strangely looking house appeared under the clouds. It's like a fairy floating dwelling in one of those Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎 駿) films. I couldn't help but to stop and find out. I asked the locals what it really was and why it was biult in such a way. Well... all answered back in Russian (I took two pictures though). That really didn't matter. Facts are not important in a dream. And we are in a dream land.
The great thing is you might visit there in reality one day, you never know.

No comments: